Pages

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Early birthday present:

James was feeling creative and spontaneous, so he actually got my birthday present a little early. With his sister's help, he ordered the beads and made me this beautiful necklace. I love it! Given my simple choices in clothing, something with a little sparkle jewelry wise is perfect for me. Plus, tiger eye beads are beautiful! He's thinking turquoise beads for his next beading adventure. My manly man husband, lol.


Unfortunately, I won't be able to show it off at Church tomorrow, since it looks like Cady and I will be staying home. She's still throwing up a bit, but only if I give her straight formula. If I mix it with Pedialyte she does okay. And she's still not wetting enough diapers for my comfort, nor have her stools become less watery for my comfort. Until she is 100% better, we're not going to let her expose her icky germs to everyone else!

No worries. I'll be back at Church next Sunday, sporting my new necklace and officially 100% in maternity skirts. I just tucked away my last non-elastic waistband skirt the other day. Now I'm just waiting for the baby belly to solidify into that cute bump that gets rubbed by random old ladies (never had the joy of experiencing that one, actually, but...) rather than looking like I'm just outgrowing my old clothes, lol.

1 comment:

  1. Cute necklace! He did a good job! Sorry Cadence is sick! It stinks having a sick baby (especially if they're throwing up!), but it's so cute when they're all cuddly! I finally got around to catching up on your blog, and I have similar issues as far as birthday parties go. My thoughts are just to decide the most convienient place to have it, invite who you're going to invite, and just do what YOU want to do. The purpose of the party is to celebrate your little girls birthday, and if someone has any issues with that, then they need to deal! I (reluctantly) had to do 2 parties for Emma's 1st due to a divorce almost 30 years ago! Hopefully everything will work out and if you want to do it at my house, you're more than welcome! Oh, and my sister in law, Amanda, did a Spongebob birthday for my nephew and did a REALLY cute spongebob cake, if you need some ideas!

    ReplyDelete