Pages

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Stomach Bug

I think Cadence is on the downside of the stomach bug she caught. She threw up late Monday night and I assumed it was a reaction to me feeding her stuff that's technically on the no-no list (Little Debbies cake, anyone?). She didn't throw up all day Tuesday, but did throw up that night. And after that rough night and another rough day, I finally found time to sit down and get some advice on how to handle it. And thank you to a concerned and thoughtful Nana who called with the same advice I'd gotten. If I hadn't found time to do a little research, that phone call would have helped immensely (she was just a few hours late, lol).

Suffice it to say, Cadence hasn't had a single sip of formula today. Pedialyte only, and only in small amounts regularly throughout the day. She was also given a few saltine crackers once she made it through the morning without any major problems (Daddy slipped her a few without asking), and a few more as the day progressed. And she got a small bit of rice cereal and bananas about an hour and a half before bedtime. If she can make it through tonight without throwing up, she'll be getting a nice mix of Pedialyte and formula later tomorrow morning.

In the meantime, Grandpa's warning about bright green poop showing up if we were to ever give her grape Kool-Aid is apparently valid with grape flavored Pedialyte as well. Haha. On the plus side, I was pleased to actually see a little color in her diaper for the first time in three days. Hopefully that's a good sign and not simply a reaction to the grape flavoring. Downside, other than a little wet this morning, she hasn't wet a diaper since Tuesday morning, either. Hopefully tomorrow brings more good news on the dirty diaper front (haha, oh the things we consider "good news" nowadays...)

You can tell she's sick, though. She didn't play much today, and spent a large chunk of today fussing, or being cuddled with her favorite blanket and sucking her thumb. Only immediately following a nap and a bottle would she even look at her toys, and even then only for maybe ten minutes. Normally, she'd be perfectly happy to entertain herself and chase cats for at least half an hour.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to unplug the computer keyboard and pry it open. I got the keys squeaky clean from when Cadence threw up all over the keyboard, but forgot to clean under the keys and now some of them are sticking from what dried underneath. Oops.

No comments:

Post a Comment