Pages

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Old friends and pizza

We didn't even make it to Monica Ward's Sacrament meeting this morning. We're not complete slackers, of course. Instead, we crashed the Rosedale Ward's Sacrament meeting, because Jeremy and Emilee's little boy Tyler was being blessed. While James hadn't been specifically asked to being the circle, he did make sure he was cleaned up just in case. Good thing, too. Jeremy and Emilee arrived late, so they didn't get a chance to ask James beforehand, but James was gestured to, lol. And I got to hold Tyler for the first time, despite meeting him when he was only a few days old (Cadence was in a very clingy stage, I couldn't even hand her off to James in order to get my hands on the newborn!). I'd almost forgotten how spinelessly squirmy they can be. Cadence got her backbone at a very young age.

We left that place and went on our merry way to John's Incredible Pizza where we met up with Mike and Erin. Cadence went to town enjoying a plate of spaghetti, a piece of cheese pizza, two breadsticks (one of which was almost entirely whole when it ended up on the floor...), and some saltine crackers. She got good and messy, then cleaned up just in time to be spoon fed a bit of ice cream and a brownie. Oh yes, we encourage good eating habits early. Haha.

Jamie and Bradley showed up (Bradley attempting to run into the restaurant before his mom had paid, lol), followed by Shaimaa, her sister, and her sister-in-law. The whole get together was for Shaimaa's birthday (which was yesterday). Nothing super exciting happened, but it was fun. A fair bit of gossip. Teasing Jamie because Cadence refused to be held by her. Watching Bradley give Cadence dirty, suspicious looks whenever she'd glance at his plate of food. Getting caught up on the little ins and outs of each other's lives in general (Erin's new place, Shaimaa's boyfriend, etc.).

I meant to get a few pictures. But I got so caught up in everything else that my camera stayed tucked in my purse. I should have at least gotten a picture of Cadence once she'd stolen my ice cream cone. Or even my chin and neck when she turned to give it back to me... Instead, I'll leave you with a completely unrelated photo:

No comments:

Post a Comment