Pages

Thursday, August 6, 2009

22 weeks and hospital tour

Well, quick note: I'm 22 weeks along as of today. Only 18 more to go until my due date, 16 more to go if Megan wants to come as early as Cadence, and 20 weeks to go if Megan is more stubborn (if she's more stubborn than Cadence, then Heaven help me!!!)

James and I abandoned Cadence at her Nana's house and went to the L&D tour and orientation at the Memorial Hospital. What a switch from what KMC offered us last time around! First and foremost: private post-natal recovery rooms! Then there's the whiteboard that they keep updated with all your information so you always have an idea what's going on and what else will be done soon. The, uh, 32" flat screen TV and DVD/VCR player in every room is awful nice as well. And then the private bathroom and shower. No having to wonder if one of three other women is using the bathroom at the exact moment I have to pee...

I am a bit nervous though. I asked a few questions and it was confirmed that if for any reason I have to schedule delivery (aka induction), I will not be allowed to go to Memorial. I'll be routed right back to KMC. Kinda makes me wish I'd never gone on the tour. If I'd never seen how nice L&D could be, I wouldn't miss it if I end up back at KMC.

Ah, well, so long as Megan is healthy and happy when she's born, I suppose I can't be too bummed about having to share a bathroom. I will miss the chance to watch whatever movie I want to, though... I'm all set to pack "Ever After" (which my mom bought on DVD for me since they couldn't find the VHS I left behind!) in my hospital bag. Hehe. I so love that movie. Maybe we can snatch James's brother's portable DVD player...

ETA: James had a good time teasing me. A good majority of the women in the group were probably due in the next month or two, considering how big some of them were. Others appeared to be around the same time frame as me, except I was the only one in that tour group that wasn't sporting a noticeable belly. Naturally, as soon as we got home, Megan rolled forward and let me have that bit of baby belly for awhile. She couldn't have done that earlier? LoL.

No comments:

Post a Comment