Cady's top two teeth broke through over the past day or so. They're still not noticeable unless you're allowed to run your finger over her gums (she won't even let me do it most of the time). But it is not the end of teething for us, yet! Just this morning I realized her two top canines are about to pop through as well. So, we've got a few more days here. But I anticipate a little relief for all of us involved by the end of the week.
Standing has become old hat to Cadence, and actually the other day she lifted a foot in an attempt to take a step. She fell flat on her face as soon as her foot left the floor, but she's made the mental connection, nonetheless! She's also attempting to master crouching while standing, but so far as only mastered crouching low enough that falling onto her butt hurts less, lol. Unfortunately, she's so pleased with her standing abilities that bath time has become a nightmare. She wants to do everything standing up and has discovered the shampoo bottles on the ledge. Time to get one of those shower organizers that hangs off of the shower head!
Hmm, yesterday I was finally able to find a baby floating ring for the pool that didn't cost an arm and a leg. It's intended for ages 1-2, but I figured Cady's nearly as long as most 1 year olds, so I could get away with it! We went swimming the late afternoon. She thought it was the coolest thing ever and I was thrilled to not spend the entire pool time with a wriggling little turd. Love her, I do, but when she's wet she's hard to hold on to and pool time has just worn me out recently. Now that she can float (with me nearby at all times!) I think I might be willing to go more often.
James starts classes bright and early tomorrow morning. He is not looking forward to it, lol. Poor boy has a class at 7:45am, and since he's used to waking up closer to 10 or 11, that's the freaking crack of dawn as far as he's concerned! He's been setting his alarm pretty early for the past few days in an attempt to get his head used to it. I think I'll start getting up with him. Maybe pull out that prenatal yoga movie I got that I haven't had time to use (just as it came in, Cadence stopped doing her long afternoon nap when I'd planned to do it...) If I'm up at 7:30, though, I've got about half an hour, at the very least, before Cady's up and needing attention. But, I'm also pretty lazy so who knows if I'll get the motivation?
Megan's alive and kicking... literally. She's also exploring her temporary room quite avidly. I never know "how pregnant" I'm going to look from hour to hour. Sometimes she's low and forward and I am decidedly pregnant looking. Other times, she's high and back (like Cadence was) and I go back to looking like I've just gained a few. Either way, when I sit, I've finally got the belly that pops out, so you know I'm nearing my third trimester! She loves to squirm, which, since she is hanging out lower than I remember Cadence doing, is causing all sorts of uncomfortable sensations at inopportune times. I had my mother-in-law snickering at me during Relief Society because I was jumping and squirming again...
And no specific updates about my life. I'm afraid I currently am living vicariously through James and through Cadence's milestones. That is my life, and as fulfilling as it is... it's not much to blog about, lol. I am in the midst of half-planning Cadence's first birthday party, just not sure who to invite. I'm so bad about keeping in touch with people I'm not sure who'd welcome an invite... I figure I can send them out anyway and plan big. I know I'll have at least 10 guests from family alone. And I'm eagerly looking forward to my sister's visit! It's only for a few days, but at least I'll have somebody to hang out with that isn't my mom or James for that long! Not to mention, I miss her, lol. Phone calls are great and all, but...
No comments:
Post a Comment