Well, I was going to doctor a photo of Cadence standing against something and erase the thing she's holding on to to make a really bad "look, Cady's standing" picture that was obviously doctored, but that didn't work out as expected, since I don't have any pictures of Cadence standing even while holding on to something.
She is standing, though. The funny thing, however, is she does it without thinking. Suddenly something needs both her hands, so she'll let go to do something, realize she's standing on her own, get a terrified look on her face and reach for whatever she was using to hold her up before. I've tricked her into standing by letting go of her hands and quickly handing her a toy, which she'll happily play with for a few seconds before that realization of "I'm standing by myself" hits her and she quickly plops down on her butt. Silly girl.
We ended up having to leave Church early today. Cadence has gone and changed her schedule on me again. Now instead of settling down for a nap 2-3 hours after waking up, she's going as many as 4 or 5 before needing to crash. Add in the fact that we all slept in until 8:30 this morning (a-freaking-mazing, by the way), and she was wired during Church. We ended up sitting in the foyer for Sacrament, because of how loud Cadence was being. And James missed most of Sunday School. By then she was starting to get sleepy, but we had no blanket and she won't go to sleep without her blanket anymore. So, we took her home rather than have me spend all of Relief Society pacing the halls trying to keep her calm until the end of Church.
The blanket thing, by the way, is too cute. It's the blanket the Monica Ward ladies gave us when Cadence was first born. I didn't realize how attached to it she was until yesterday. Jen watched her for us so we could go to the temple, and apparently when she was tired, she grabbed the blanket (which was on the couch at the time) and crawled over to Jen to be picked up and cuddled to sleep. Also, last night, the blanket was still on the couch and she got tired, so she picked herself up, laid her head against the blanket and sucked on her thumb and a piece of the blanket's yarn to tell James she was ready for bed. She got a bath and then got wrapped up in her favorite blanket and promptly went right to sleep, fingering the unraveled pieces of yarn and sucking her thumb.
Oooh, last night! Last night Megan started squirming like crazy and I was able to get James's attention and point it out. She's finally big enough that you can see my whole belly move with her if the movements are violent enough. This pregnancy is going so much faster. I almost feel bad that I can't appreciate every little thing as much. But, I still enjoy the moments I do get to sit back and focus on (though being so absorbed in baby movements in the temple when you're one half of the witness couple... not so good. Thank goodness I caught James moving and realized I was supposed to be moving too, lol).
No comments:
Post a Comment