Pages

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

9 (and a half) month check up

Cadence's check-up was this morning. She was particularly clingy and fussy. For some reason she does NOT like her doctor and freaked out every time he attempted to touch her. WHen he was using the stethoscope she was angrily pushing it away because she did not want anything related to him touching her. And it took us three tries to get her weight because she was so determined to get off the scale and be held by me again.

Her stats on July 1st (for comparison):

Height: 27"
Weight: 16lb 2oz
Head Circumference: 16.725"

And stats as of September 1st (exactly 2 months later, convenient):

Height: 27.5"
Weight: 17lb 7oz
Head Circumference: 16.5" (huh?)

So, she's dropped in height (from 75th to 40th percentile), but stayed steadily around the 25th percentile for weight (actually dropped to 20th, but given her recent stomach bug, we'll say she's stayed steady). The doctor agrees that from the milestones I've told him she's reached that she's a bit ahead when it comes to motor skills, but just at average when it comes to social skills, if not a little bit behind. But I'm not concerned and neither is he, and even if he expressed concern I'd probably ignore it until she was drastically behind socially. Though, I suppose getting her in social situations might help her develop a desire to hone those social skills...

And I discover the pitfalls of not asking more questions about prescription medicines. The doctor asked if I was giving her the vitamins he'd prescribed at her last appointment. I admitted I hadn't so he renewed the prescription for me. I decided I'd be a responsible mommy and get the prescription filled right away this time. Ended up paying $17 for a 3-month supply of vitamins and was feeling pretty good about myself, until I caught sight of a brightly colored box of infant vitamin drops sitting on their OTC shelves for a fraction of the price I'd just paid. $4 for one box off the shelf, while I paid $17 for two from behind the counter. Oh well, you live and learn, right?

1 comment:

  1. Lynne is the same way. She raced forward with her motor skills, but her language is behind (though she's catching up now, I think).

    ReplyDelete