Well, how about some James & Sarah updates here? Seriously, all I ever blog about is Cadence and Megan (more Cadence than Megan for obvious reasons). So, a few things James and I have been up to recently:
James is excelling in his two machining courses at BC this semester. Due to his experience with CNC machines, his manual machinist teacher often turns to James to answer questions he's not 100% sure on. And if another student ever asks a question the professor knows his "working students" know the answer to, James is usually the one that answers the other student's question. James is learning a few things he didn't know before, and in fact should be more capable of running a manual machine once the class is over, which makes him a more valuable machinist in general.
Of course, machining is quickly becoming our back-up plan. After a lot of prayer and talking it out, James has been talking to a Navy recruiter recently. Work hasn't been too good lately, and there's no sign of things improving. James was enlisted in the Marines right out of high school and has wanted to return to the military since then, so this seems to be the right time. We did look at other branches, but the Navy is what we first felt good about and, I'm thinking Heavenly Father did a little tweaking here, the Navy's the only branch that is working with us. The other three branches all had major roadblocks. So I think the Navy is where we are meant to be. It'll be a little while, and once James enlists that means he has to leave us behind for a few months. It's not the most ideal time, but they're more than happy to put off his basic training until after Megan is here.
As for me, I have very little of note to report. I've been "working" for KGB online. I use the term working loosely. It pays little ($5 for two hours worth of work, give or take), but it's a lot of fun, and that $5/night adds up eventually. Basically, KGB has people text in questions and will send them back an answer. I'm the go-between that reads the question, searches the web, and answers the question as accurately as possible. I get ten cents for every question I answer. It really is rather fun now that I'm getting the hang of it, and I think I might start doing 15 minute shifts during Cadence's downtime during the day as well.
I also just got back from Britney's bridal shower. I wasn't initially planning to go. I had no ride, no babysitter, and I was in a pretty rotten mood all morning and afternoon. But another friend called to ask about the shower and then agreed to give me a ride, so I went. So glad I did. Not only do I have a bowl of Hershey kisses to make myself sick off of, but I got out of the house, got to socialize with a bunch of people I haven't seen in awhile, and Cadence charmed everyone she met. I'd say it's a special skill of Cadence's, but I think it's just babies in general. Plus, it's nice to get out of the house and do something different every now and then. I'm definitely in a stay-at-home rut.
Oops, just got an email from Otto asking me to start my KGB shift a little early. Maybe I'll make an extra $1 tonight. Haha.
No comments:
Post a Comment