Pages

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Recent Cute Anecdotes (aka Cady Stories!)

Okay, so after witnessing the darling thing I just did, I think I'll share a few anecdotes that have made me laugh over the past few days (when I so desperately needed it, Cadence is truly a blessing in my life lately):

-The cats have a fishing pole inspired cat toy, a long pole with a feathery boa at the end of it. Cadence had picked it up and was waving it around. Out of nowhere she starts squealing with laughter like this cat toy was the most amazing thing in the world and when I look, I discovered why: Taz and Conan were playing with the cat toy as happily as they did when James or I wiggle it. Cadence would wiggle it around and the nearest cat would leap at it, pin it down and then let it go for her to wiggle it around some more. She thought it was the most amazing thing in the world.

-Cadence spit up a bit all over her favorite blanket the other day. I rinsed it off immediately and then left it on the bathroom counter intending to wash it out better and give it to her later. Later that day, I had the bathroom door open, but the baby gate up so the cats could get in to use the litter box, but Cadence couldn't. Cadence is suddenly screaming at the gate, completely hysterical. Not knowing what upset it, I scooped her up and carried her into the living room to distract her. She calmed down, then immediately crawled back to the bathroom to stand at the gate and scream hysterically again. We repeated the process, and only on my third trip back to rescue her did I realize her blanket was in plain view but out of reach and it was ticking her off. On the plus side, it was washed last night and dried overnight and Cadence went completely bonkers when she saw it this morning. (Hopefully naptimes and bedtime will go a little more smoothly now that she has it back?)

-Cadence has started doing a headstand thing. She'll put her head on the floor and then lift her butt up in the air. The other day I glanced over at her and she was grinning at me from between her legs, upside-down. I busted up laughing so hard that she did it over and over again that night just for the reaction. I, of course, complied and giggled every time she did it all night.

And the cutest of all:

-I was laying on the floor with Cadence while she crawled around and played. As Megan was wiggling pretty actively, my shirt was rolled up a bit and my hand was on it. Out of nowhere, Cadence crawled up, gave my belly a big slobbery kiss, and rested her head against my stomach and grinned big. Megan got really quiet for a second, then suddenly rolled her entire weight towards Cadence. I know it was probably all coincidence, but at the same time, considering I accuse them of "plotting" before Megan was conceived, it was a very cute moment, and one must wonder if the two of them have a connection I don't know about. It's nice to consider. In a corny train of thought: Perhaps Megan's spirit was visiting her temporal body for awhile and Cadence came over to say hello because she recognized her. Sweet idea, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment