It's official, Cadence is taking baby steps.
Naturally, I missed her first ones. I was in the kitchen deboning and skinning boiled chicken for future use and Cadence was mad that the baby gate was locking her in the front rooms with James and away from me. James was doing his best to distract her, but she was super pissed.
The next thing I know, James is laughing because she was so mad that she stopped thinking and walked from the computer to where he was sitting (a very short trip, nothing overly impressive) to hang on his leg and tell him how upset she was. And I'm in the kitchen completely surprised and asking again and again if James is really saying what I think he's saying.
Yes, Cadence took her first steps.
And I was super bummed about missing them, until James and I managed to trick her into it. I sat down to write this blog post, but Cadence was at my knee squealing for my full attention. Walked back into the living room to distract her with toys. James held out his hands and her favorite toy (her glow worm). Realizing what he was coaxing her to do, I moved my leg out of her way and leaned back enough that I was an easily accessible hand hold, and she happily took a step towards James before lowering herself into crawling position to finish the trip.
Eeks! I thought I had at least another month before we got to this point. Guess not. Can't say I'm surprised, though. Cadence has been ready to run since she first discovered she could move. So, yes, a week shy of 10 months old, Cadence has taken her first steps. Aww.
Woo-hoo! And muahaha to you- have fun keeping her out of stuff.
ReplyDelete