Pages

Monday, September 7, 2009

Projects and Birthdays

Not surprisingly, turning 24 feels about as momentous as turning 19 or 20 did. Even 18. Somebody should have told Cadence that it was my birthday and thus I was due some special treatment. She did treat me to an uninterrupted night's sleep, but that meant she was waking me up at 7am, when I've gotten used to 8:30am. So spoiled, am I.

I didn't get much "present wise", but birthday's haven't been about presents for awhile now. I got a few pamper me things with a cash gift from my dad. My mom and Papa Steve hosted a barbecue for me last night and there was cheesecake to top it all off. James made me the necklace from two entries back. And Carla made me a fun little candy card, so I have chocolate to last me a few days and Dr Pepper to last me a few hours... Haha. My mom also babysat Cadence for a couple hours tonight, so James and I ordered pizza and had pizza and a movie in bed.

And as a special treat to myself, I got the necessities to start a project. It's a simple project. Wooden letters to spell out their names. Unfortunately, they were temporarily out of stock when it came to N's. Anyway, step 1 is pictured below. None of them are finished. The striped letters will have thinner stripes criss-crossing in an almost plaid pattern, the final E in Cadence's name has a stenciled butterfly that'll be done in white, the D will have stenciled leaves in purple, and I'm trying to decide whether to add something to the polka dots on the first C (the N will also have polka dots). I need a finer paintbrush to do some of the detail work. And I'll be hanging them with ribbon eventually.

Yay, I'm having fun with this. I love having projects. I'll post the finished product, naturally, but here's step 1 of however many:

2 comments:

  1. sooooooooooooooo cute! You are so crafty hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are so cute! I got letters for my little girl like a year and a half ago and they sit waiting for me to get brave enough to do something with them. Yours look great and inspire me.

    ReplyDelete