Pages

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Megan Update (there's not much)

Well, Megan and I are firmly in the last stretch. Last Thursday marked 27 weeks along and 3 months until our due date. If she comes out as early as her sister did we've got just under 11 weeks left. At most, we've got 14 1/2 weeks until she joins our happy little family.

Today we had our doctor's appointment again today. From here on out we go every 2 weeks instead of once a month. She's squirming like crazy. The doctor had a hard time getting her heartbeat because of her positioning. I tried to tell him he was putting the doppler right where her knees were and he'd have better luck from the other side, but doctor's don't listen too good. He did find it eventually and she was so pleased with his success she rolled over to give him a better listen. She's so thoughtful!

We were hoping for an ultrasound to take a peek at her today, but the doctor didn't do one. He did order the glucose test for me, though. Yay? Hopefully I have more success in keeping the drink down than I did last time. He ordered one at 9 weeks, standard procedure for him, but I was dealing with mild morning sickness at the time and a cold, sugary drink on an empty stomach was just asking for trouble. This time, the morning sickness comes and goes, so if I wait an hour after waking up, I should be okay with keeping it down this time around. As for the ultrasound, we're keeping our fingers crossed for our next appointment (which needs to be rescheduled). I'd love to get another sneak peek at her before she shows up!

Megan is definitely more active than her older sister. Cadence would be quiet for long periods of time and then get so active it almost hurt on occasion. Megan, however, is constantly squirming. In fact, those quiet moments are as rare as Cadence's active moments were. Something tells me I'm going to have those "restless nights" everyone warned me about when Cadence was born. I couldn't understand what the fuss was. Cadence slept beautifully from day one. She woke up, sure, but she'd always happily go back to sleep after a nighttime feeding. I think Megan might take it upon herself to teach me what it's all about.

And last but not least (okay, it actually is "least" as far as importance in this entry, and yes, stretchmarks were edited out, :-P):

No comments:

Post a Comment