Pages

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Getting Bigger!

Cadence's second tooth popped up Saturday morning. She ran a mild fever through the entire weekend, which hit its peak yesterday morning and left one very tired mommy dealing with a very fussy 6-month-old for awhile. Even with small doses of Tylenol regularly, she still radiated body heat throughout her onesie. Thankfully, during her afternoon nap, the fever broke and she's been fine ever since. She has her doctor's appointment a week from today, so we'll be able to see just how much bigger she's gotten since she was 4.5 months old.

Parasite's doing well, as far as the doctor can tell. Cadence made the appointment very difficult. She was not happy that mommy wasn't holding her and screamed the entire time. So, the doctor cut the appointment as short as possible without rushing me out of there. Good steady heartbeat. I forgot to ask the heartrate so I could apply the old wive's tale of 140+ is girl, and 140- is boy. No real worries. I'll be 17 1/2 weeks at my next appointment. If he does an ultrasound then, as he said he was wont to do on occasion, we'll be finding out gender. But, we're 13 1/2 weeks, will be 14 weeks on Thursday. According to my research, that puts Parasite around 3-3 1/2" and 1-1 1/2 ozs. Not too shabby for someone that was a pinprick 11 weeks ago!

And, one person who's not getting bigger: Me! :-) I'm still sitting at a pretty steady weight. Haven't lost weight like I did last time, but I haven't been throwing up as much. I'm learning to mistrust my doctor's scale, which says not only have I lost 4lbs in the past month, but am 10lbs lighter than my pre-pregnancy average. Meanwhile, every other scale puts me right at the same pre-pregnancy weight, though 1-2lbs lighter, which is still nice. Even still wearing my size 14s and having to pull them up half the time. That'll change in the next few months, but for now I am quite pleased with how many body handles pregnancy. Here's hoping I have to convince hospital nurses I'm really not in dangerously pre-term labor again, but safely past that 38 week mark after all. Frustrating at the time, but coming home from the hospital a size smaller was well worth it, in my opinion!

Okay, yes, that was a little bragging, lol. Call me on it if you wish, but I'm still going to be pretty pleased. Or, I could have totally just jinxed myself and will swell up like a balloon long before my 3rd trimester. Time shall tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment