Taz is so good with Cadence being mobile. She's not thrilled with occasionally having her tail turned into a chew toy or to have slobbery hands muss up the fur she spends so much time keeping straight, but she puts up with it for awhile. She gets lots of loves for her patience as well. Whenever she's playing nicely, we try to make a point of scratching her ears as Cadence samples tail fur.
I admit, Taz has scratched her once. I hadn't clipped Taz's claws in awhile and she pushed against Cady's forehead, with claws she couldn't completely retract. It was barely a scratch, really only a red line, no broken skin or anything. So, we simply took Cadence away and let Taz rest quietly.
Actually, right now, Taz is talking every time Cadence touches her, protesting, really, but making no real effort to move away. She moves, but only a few feet, so Cadence can get to her very easily, where they repeat the process. Still, it's cute, because after awhile, Taz'll rub her head against Cady's head in a very affectionate manner. At least until she realizes Cady's chin is drool covered...
None of the other animals are even half as patient. Hanna watches Cadence's approach and then calmly stands up, stretches, and walks away when she gets too close for comfort. Conan jumps up and runs as soon as he realizes she's headed for him. Even Nana and Poppa's dogs aren't fond of her. Germs will not let Cadence even look at him, which is funny because he's her favorite to chase, and Oreo jumps so fast every time she manages to sneak up on her it's a crack up. I was terrible and blocked both exits from the kitchen with Cadence in my lap. Poor Oreo. She'd walk to one doorway, see Cadence, and walk to the other. So, I'd move Cadence so she was in plain view of that doorway. Oreo would see her and return to the first doorway. Finally, she waited until I got distracted and quickly snuck past both of us. Haha.
The cats can be cute with her. I have pictures of both Taz and Conan cuddling with Cadence during her naps (before she got grabby, at least) and they were both so careful about not stepping on her. I don't think any of my cats are going to forgive me for bringing another alien lifeform into the house, though...
No comments:
Post a Comment