Pages

Monday, June 29, 2009

Making a mess of things

Originally, Cadence was put in the high chair to more efficiently finish off the otter pop James gave her when she fell and bonked her head on the couch. Actually, really, I just didn't want any more blue stains on my carpet. Once she was finished, however, I eyed the stuffing and mashed potatoes Carla had left over, and decided to scoop Cadence out a serving. She loved mashed potatoes, and we gave her the stuffing to see her reaction. We also gave her a spoon, but that was quickly discarded in favor of using her hands to shovel food into her mouth. She did a very good job of eating, we even had to serve her up a small second portion. Granted, a large majority of it did end up getting mushed in her lap and the chair around her (will be cleaning that up once she's asleep tonight). Needless to say, she required her nightly bath shortly after finishing. Her foot, by the way, is still stained blue from the melted otter pop.

Oh, and earlier this morning, I was laying on the floor impersonating a jungle gym for Cadence, when I felt my stomach curiously and was surprised to find a solid bump. It disappears as the day progresses, it seems, but early in the am, while laying down at least, this is my stomach (stretch marks and all, enjoy):


2 comments:

  1. Devonn said sorry if the chicken was too salty. But anyway, I did finally notice a little bump today- granted, I haven't really looked for one, but today, I noticed. I hope you don't make us wait too long to find out whether it's a boy or girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I am a old friend of Suzie's and have been reading your blog since you were pregnant with Cadence. I enjoy reading your blog and learning about your life and family. I am so excited for you and your family to be adding another member to it. I can't wait to find out how this pregnancy goes compared to Cadence's. Thanks for keeping your blog open so I can read it still, I like your style. Thanks, Amanda

    ReplyDelete