I got heckled enough by some people about SIDS when I posted a picture of Cadence, at 2 months old, on her belly with the cats in her crib. I wonder how they'd react to this sleeping position...

I went in to check on her when her nap had reached what's usually it's end time and caught her using the teddy bear as a pillow. I snuck out to grab the camera and returned to this sight. I did check her breathing first before snapping the picture, naturally, then snuck back out when the flash started to wake her up, lol.
I am so lucky she goes to bed so easily! Sometimes she fusses, but for the most part, she's only put in the crib when she's fussing to tell me she's tired anyway, so she'll roll to her back, grin at me as I pull the blanket up over her, then she grabs the blanket and pulls it up to her face, rolls to her side and decides to go to sleep. A few times she's not totally nap-ready yet, so she'll stay on her back and talk to her bear or her aquarium for a few minutes before she begins to nod off. I never trained her. She did used to cry more and we did a bit of Cry-It-Out when she was obviously tired, but never consistently enough to say we trained her. She just randomly decided to be a good napper (knock on wood).
Unfortunately, that's the only thing she does easily. I had just put all these papers back on the shelf in a quick pick-up during her afternoon nap, and she decided she didn't like how I'd rearranged:

I was trying to snap a picture of Taz (in the corner there) being affectionate and rubbing up against Cady, but Taz never stayed still long enough. I'm still amazed at how patient my old lady is with her! Twice now I've caught Cadence
on top of her, but Taz just laid there patiently, putting up with it. Even this evening, Taz was laying on the ottoman and Cadence was pounding her hands against the ottoman inches from Taz's face. Taz blinked with every sound and for a moment I was worried Taz was ready to lift a paw to swipe at her, but all she did was give me a "are you going to stop this?" look, and simply watched Cadence. Cady even grabbed a fistful of Taz's fur and all the cat did was voice her disapproval, then ignored the situation. Taz, by the way, is getting lots of loving whenever I have time now. Especially if I catch her being sweet and patient.
Very cute!
ReplyDelete