Cadence spent all of yesterday with her Dama. We met James's mom and sister at the intersection of the 99 and Hwy 119. She apparently didn't mind the trip in the strange car. I guess she's rather used to it from being in Nana's car so often. Especially since I was the one that buckled her in there. I guess she assumed I would be in the front seat like every other time she's gone for a ride in a strange car.
When they got to her great grandparents house and she was taken out for a diaper change and to roll around on the floor, she looked around, realized neither mom nor dad were in sight, and freaked. She was soothed when they handed her a cracker, however. And when we showed up 11 hours later to pick her up, she was very happy to see us. She'd gotten a few more new clothes and two new bathing suits (one for home and one for Dama's house). She apparently wasn't too happy with Dama's pool, but maybe I'll jump in with her next time we're out there and it's hot enough to see if that makes much of a difference. She loves the apartment pool, even if I'm not the one holding her at the time, but that might be because I'm the one that walks her in and I'm always in sight.
She did well, otherwise. They gave her crackers, whcih she loves, and let her taste an iced oatmeal cookie and gave her a few pieces of cantaloupe (another new favorite). She's getting so good with solids. For a girl that refused to take to spoon feeding, she is loving feeding herself. She even gets fussy if she doesn't get to sit in her high chair and munch on a couple crackers at least once a day. Today she got wheat crackers, animal crackers, cantaloupe and fruit loops. Spoiled child!
Anyway, when we went to Nana's house today, she threw a fit everytime I dared to put her down or hand her to someone else. Her uncle did the best he could, but she got super fussy, even with the bottle, when she realized we weren't in the room. We suspect she was worried we'd abandon her again. It wouldn't be the first time she'd been left alone at Nana's house either, and add in the 12 hours without us the day before, her fears were not unfounded. That meant she spent the afternoon sitting in my lap watching her dad change the brakes and her grandpa fixing the fender of our car. Once she realized we weren't going anywhere, she allowed me to set her on the floor with her toys, so long as I stayed in the room with her.
She's also teething, which excuses her mommy-clinginess resurfacing. We're waiting for that second tooth to pop up. So far it hasn't made any serious progress, but she is chewing fists like crazy, gumming whatever she can get in her mouth (which no longer includes mommy's fingers, ow!), and fussing until we get out the Orajel. Come on already, tooth! I'm not sure how long my sleep-deprived frazzled nerves can take her constant fussing. Especially home alone all day. Eeks!
No comments:
Post a Comment