Cadence went swimming again today. She didn't like it as much as last time, probably because Daddy wasn't there this time. And it was sunnier over the pool so she had to squint a lot, which rarely puts her in a good mood (she definitely inherited that one from her Daddy). Still, she would grin and kick her legs and have a grand old time so long as she wasn't facing the sun too much. Then she wanted to roll around the lounge chair while I was attempting to put her in a dry diaper afterward.
Her next doctor appointment isn't for another 3 weeks. She'll be 7 months old for her 6 month check-up and vaccinations. I know it's not a big deal. I'm more irritated with the fact that I called every week for 2 months and when they finally had the schedule open, I didn't get an appointment until 2 1/2 weeks after I wanted. Not that I'm super worried about Cadence's health. Once we switched to formula, she got less fussy and back to her happy go lucky self and started crawling at just shy of 6 months (not super early, but still ahead of the curve, so go Cady!)
Mine and Perry's next appointment is this upcoming Thursday (I'll be 13 weeks exactly). It was originally scheduled for 9:30am, but James expressed an interest in going, so I moved it back to 11:00 so he'd be more likely to wake up and go. He's anxious to meet my doctor. He didn't meet my last doctor until all the doctor's arrived in the delivery room, and disliked him instantly. I think he'll like this new doctor. I certainly do! Plus, James wants to hear the heartbeat via doppler. He never got to hear it for Cadence. He intended to go to my 39 week appointment for her, but I went into labor 4 days before it, so... he missed out.
I think Cadence's second tooth is working it's way up. She hasn't been super fussy, but she's drooling like crazy and chewing on her fingers. I've read that the 2nd tooth shouldn't be too far behind the 1st, so I've always got Tylenol and Orajel on hand, but don't want to drug her up for no reason.
And, ooh, she slept through the night again last night (I say again, but she hasn't done it for like 2 weeks, but whatever). I doubt she'll do it again tonight, by 7 hours of uninterrupted sleep was bliss lat night.
No comments:
Post a Comment