Pages

Thursday, June 25, 2009

A general update about the family

I've noticed blog entries with pictures of Cadence tend to get more attention than the ones that are just text. So here is a lovely picture of her practicing her sitting up skillz (yes, with a z) (Hmm, and this picture is so much cuter full sized). If I can get James to wield a camera for the few hours he's home and awake I'll try to get a picture of her using me as a jungle gym. She's become a pro at pulling herself to her feet using me as a hand hold, though I usually have to hold my shirt in place when others are around...

By the way, I think some of you would get some enjoyment out of the "Heart on the Line" blog listed to the right. It caught my attention on my message boards when someone posted "look what finally happened". Well, what "finally happened" was this family getting the news, after 19 months of waiting, that a little Korean girl was theirs for adoption. I haven't delved too deeply, but it's very wittily written at times and I did read their first blog entry, the whole "why we chose this" entry and I just loved it. (Also the arokofflicks are really my way of keeping up with a little boy who's Cady's age who recently had a tumor removed from his lung and they're still trying to find other things wrong with him. Surprisingly, developing RSV might've saved his life, they never would've found the tumor without it, at least not so soon.)

Also, for those of you that do have access to my other blog, be aware: If you use the blogspot's list of blogs and their auto-update moving them to the top of the list, when a blog becomes private, it stops moving. I've posted several times over the past few days, but those lists say I haven't posted in, like, a week?

Hmm, family updates beyond Cadence's milestones (which she seems to hit a new one everytime I blink. I was told they develop in spurts, I just didn't realize there were so many new things for them to learn at this age!). Work for James is going smoothly. His supervisor's supervisor told his supervisor to stop not giving James jobs to run because they might be too tricky. So James, who was looking at only one or two jobs left to run on his machine before he was essentially out of work, might not be out of work so quickly.

However it is a bit nerve wracking, because they're harder parts and James has only been on this machine for 8 months or so. He's still very much a newbie, all though one that knows quite beyond his own machine. And the parts he's making are expensive. One mistake can cost his company several thousands of dollars, and too many mistakes will add up very quickly to "you're not worth what we're paying you". I have every confidence in him, though. He knows what he knows and what he doesn't, and he's not going to get cocky and be stupid. If he thinks something seems wrong, he will stop and assess the situation and only go forward if he knows he can do it right.

Umm... Parasite's doing well as far as I can tell (not saying much). So far, seems quiter than his/her sister was. By 16 weeks I was frequently feeling bubbles. This time, I don't feel bubbles. I feel sudden, short, random thuds. So, quieter, but meaner too, lol. Our next appointment is in just over a week. I really need to call our doctor and ask whether I can expect an ultrasound or not. I really don't want to get my hopes up. Actually, really, I don't want to have to get James up at 8am if I can help it. Haha. In a month or so, I'll have more to say about Parasite. Right now, at just the size of an apple or so, there's not much I can say...

2 comments:

  1. Cadence is the cutest little girl. I don't have access to your other blog :( And, maybe the differences between numero dos and Cadence means it's a boy? I sincerely hope you do get to have an ultrasound.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable picture! Can't believe how fast she's growing!

    ReplyDelete