Pages

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Memorial Day

We love taking advantage of Daddy's days off! Memorial Day was no exception, though we didn't do anything super crazy. Even though it was a holiday, we risked Hart Park. Sure enough, it was pretty crowded, but we still had some luck in finding a shady table to sit at to enjoy our lunch. We didn't get to play as much as we'd hoped. The girls didn't like the generic lunchables (neither did we, ew!) and when we went to toss bread at the ducks, some grandparents with a herd of about 5 grandkids showed up at the same time. Rather than compete over ducks and/or have our toddlers swarmed by older kids, we chose to just head over to Nana's house.
At Nana's house, of course, we just kicked our feet up and let the girls run wild. Megan spent most of the time outside sitting on mine or Nana's lap and playing with the flowers.
Sometimes she would run out to join Cadence and Daddy on the lawn. Cadence spent the whole time running circles and going down the slide. James kept a close eye on her.

Cadence loved the new swing in Nana's front yard. Megan loved to come up and push her in the swing, but for the most part, Cadence just swung on her own.

At the end of the day, we just had a quiet dinner at home and then we were invaded when Aunt Erin showed up with Lynne and Lucas. The four toddlers caused chaos and none of them were ready to go to bed when we finally dubbed it bedtime. In fact, one curly-haired toddler got in trouble for the first time in her toddler bed ever for getting out to fetch toys. Granted, she was attempting to give them to her youngest cousin to keep him entertained half the time, but... They did eventually fall asleep, but then they were all awake at 6 the next morning. Gah!

Oh yes, but before I go, I must show off my lovely new purse. I was so excited to find it waiting in the mail yesterday. It's a gorgeous handmade set I won from a giveaway. I was ecstatic when I learned I'd won it, because of all the giveaways I entered that day, this was one of my favorites. James transferred all the contents of my purse over to the new one while I drove. I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment