Pages

Friday, June 3, 2011

A few quick stats

Megan had her 18-month well-child check-up. She's 18 1/2 months, but we put it off so she could get her last bit of infant immunizations while we were there. For now, she's all caught up until the round right before she starts school. So her next doctor's appointment should be needle free. :-)

Anyway, she's plumped up nicely and the doctor is quite happy with her growth. In fact, he took the "poor weight gain" right off of her file. I'm pleased. Every time I check her online records I glare at that listed under "ongoing medical conditions". Anemia I can accept, because the blood test results are quite clear. But to have a doctor, that'd never seen Megan before, tell me my daughter's weight gain was poor based on a chart (because we all know how accurate charts are in the medical community) and brush off me pointing out her sister followed the same pattern as unimportant...

I wonder if she'd be happy with Megan's weight gain now or if the other doctor would still be frowning over the fact that she's not in the same percentile she was a year ago?

It doesn't matter. She's plumped up nicely enough to satisfy the doctor I've always liked. Good enough for me.

Ah, yes, but stats. Megan at 18 months:

Height: 31.5" (50th percentile)
Weight: 20.5lbs (just under 5th percentile)

For comparison, as always, Megan at 15 months:

Height: 30.5" (50th percent)
Weight: 18.5 lbs (pretty far below 5th percent)

She's growing just right. :-)

ETA: Just got her blood results online. Using my limited knowledge of what these blood results mean, it seems she is officially no longer anemic! The doctor should call to confirm and give us the lead blood test results, but I think she's now officially in perfect health on their records.

No comments:

Post a Comment