Pages

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Would you believe I don't have a single picture from Erin's visit? Or Robyn's graduation. But all of it happened, I swear. I just don't have the pictures to prove it.

Cadence enjoyed having Lynne over. She got excited every time we went over to Nana's house and was noticeably disappointed the first day we went over there and Lynne was nowhere to be found. Even then, the next time I suggested going to Nana's house, Cadence excitedly kicked her feet and exclaimed "Lynne! Okay!"

Megan, of course, could have cared less. She followed both older girls around at some moments and completely ignored them the rest. That's Megan for you, though. She'll roll with whatever punches come her way, even the literal ones.

They've both been into everything lately. With James working late, due to machines being moved again this week, I've been a very grumpy mommy with my hands full. Especially since Cadence has begun skipping her afternoon nap entirely. Naptime, specifically Cadence's naptime, is my break. It's a bonus if Megan sleeps at the same time, but not necessary for me to have a few moments where I feel like I can breathe. Case in point, Cadence's new favorite thing to do is pull the letters off the wall, which involves climbing on top of her dresser and leaning over (risking a tumble, oy) to take them down. And, more recently, put them back up for me:

In other non-kid news, James is flying out to Houston for two weeks this Sunday. They need him to train some new employees in the Houston shop, so they're shipping him out. It's going to be a crazy two weeks without him. We needed a way for him to talk to the girls, so the natural thing to do was to go out and get a new toy:

Now he'll be able to Skype with me and the girls regularly during his time off. He's looking forward to the trip. It's basically all expenses paid, as business trips generally are, so he can just kick his feet up and relax and enjoy himself when he's not working, play games when we're too busy, and watch Netflix if the games can't hold his attention. I'm actually kind of jealous, come to think of it. I wouldn't mind a weekend away from mommy-hood, as much as I love it.

But, it's been a semi-stressful few days around here. Hopefully within a week we'll have some details and news that ease up the whole stress level for me. I've got a lot of "what ifs" going on in my head, but we're told to expect answers soon, so... let's just hope I make it that long!

1 comment:

  1. I have a couple pics from Robyn's graduation, except since I was with the kids and not Robyn during her graduation, they are pics of the kids. I'll send them when I get around to putting the pics on my computer.

    ReplyDelete