Pages

Monday, June 13, 2011

A conversation with Cadence

Me: "Okay, let's get shoes on!"

Cadence: "Yeah, we go to Walmart!"

Me: "You want to go to Walmart?"

Cadence: "Yeah!"

Me: "Okay, get your shoes on!"

Cadence: "Yeah, we go to Nana's house."

Me: "Nana's not home yet. We can't go to Nana's house. We're going to Walmart."

Cadence: "No, I don't want to go to Walmart." *while shaking head and giving me a very serious look*

Me: "We're going to Walmart. Not Nana's house. Go get your shoes."

Cadence: "We go in the stroller."

Me: "No, we're going in the car. The white car."

Cadence: "No, I don't want the car." *again shaking her head and giving me a very serious look*

Me: "We're going to Walmart, in the car. Go get your shoes, please."

Cadence: "Okay. I'll get shoes." *returns with shoes on and a hat* "I don't want shoes. I'll wear a hat."

Me: "You're wearing shoes now."

Cadence: "Yeah, I got green shoes. I got green shoes. Pink. I got pink shoes."

Me: "Okay, you ready to go to Walmart?"

Cadence: "Okay! "

I love that I can have conversations with her now, lol. Even if they are random, rambling nonsense. Her facial expressions and some of her inflections... I love this little girl (who's not so little anymore).

No comments:

Post a Comment