We're slowly but surely getting settled into our new home. We spent the first few days with limited electricity and had an adventure trying to get everything moved when Uhaul couldn't get us the truck we'd reserved. However, most of the stuff is here, the majority of it's unpacked, and we're starting to get into a new routine, which is working well for us. Having a dining room that actually holds a table has done wonders for our meal routines as well.
The best part is the girls' bedroom. Before, we had a toddler bed, crib, dresser, rocking chair, and toys trying to fit into a 8' by 9' room. Now, they've got a bedroom that is (I'm estimating lengths here) about 11' by 11'. It's almost twice as much space, so there's finally room to fit all their toys and still have a ton of room to play with. I love waking up in the mornings, getting them dressed and then being able to lay on the floor, watch Megan wiggle towards the toys that Cadence drops and watching Cadence run circles around her big room. It's been a blast.
Megan's hitting that milestones smorgasbord age. Not only is she scooting like crazy (she uses her legs more than Cadence did, so we're thinking she might pick up actual crawling, unlike Cadence who decided scooting was superior to crawling and didn't bother with actual crawling until shortly before walking), but she's begun reaching for everything and anything. We introduced solids and so far she loves everything she's tried (except peas). We mix it with a bit of oatmeal to make it last longer, and she gobbles it up. Despite the fact that I'm not actually offering her food yet, she's still managed to steal a taste of brownies, fried chicken, crackers, cheetos, Fruit Loops, a french fry, and beef pot roast.
Cadence is simply going nuts. She's running around everywhere and having the time of her life. Today we made brownies. James bought a box of brownie mix and she kept bringing it to me, wanting me to open it and get her a brownie out of the box (since there was a picture of a brownie, obviously there were ready-to-eat goodies in the box, since all the other boxes work that way). So, I had her help me. When I mixed the water, oil, and egg and gave her a spoon to help, she dipped the spoon in the mix and tried to eat it. Once I actually added the brownie mix and let her dip her finger in the bowl she went nuts. By the time I got the brownies in the oven, she had the mixing spoon and the bowl. I let her go wild. Once she finished, she had both hands, most of her face, some of her hair, and her clothes covered in chocolate goop. Then when she got to taste the finished product she loved it.
I still haven't found where Cadence stashed my camera, unfortunately. Even with packing and unpacking, it's still missing. Hopefully it turns up soon. Until then, we're finding a way to get pictures off my phone and onto the computer so I can at least get pictures shared that way!
Glad you guys were able to find a roomier apartment! Glad Cadence is enjoying herself as well, lol. Hope the rest of the "settling" goes well! It's always nice to start fresh in a place that fits your needs.
ReplyDelete