Pages

Thursday, May 20, 2010

6 month stats

Just a quick stop:

Megan's 6 month check-up was this morning. Cadence got to tag along. She had a minor meltdown when she realized we were back at the doctor's office, but she did pretty well overall. I think she realized that this appointment was for Megan and not her. She still asked, repeatedly, for us to leave and kept trying to bribe me into agreeing by offering to give me my phone, my keys, a pencil, and the sticker the doctor had given her.

Megan is growing well and seems to be settling along the same growth curve as her sister. Both of them hover around the 75th percentile for height and 25th for weight. If fluctuates, but in general, that's where they're at. Megan's put on weight, but not much height since her appointment 2 months ago:

Height: 26.5" (previously 26.25")
Weight: 14lb 12.5 oz (previously 10lb 8oz)

I'm thinking the lack in height gain means her 6 month growth spurt is still around the corner (along with those first teeth she keeps trying to cut).

On the plus side, even though I woke up only thirty minutes before I was supposed to be checking in for Megan's appointment, I managed to get both girls dressed, changed, and fed. And I still managed to find a spare moment to actually brush my hair and put on a touch of make-up and even wear a clean shirt! Last time I went, I caught sight of myself in the exam room mirror and felt completely embarrassed with how frazzled I look with barely-combed hair, no make-up and a grungy t-shirt. It's okay to look that frumpy by the time bathtime/bedtime roll around, but first thing in the morning is simply too early to appear worn out and beaten down already.

Tomorrow, I'll make a point in stopping to retrieve my camera from my mom's house so I can begin to post pictures again. Hopefully plans for this weekend work out and I'll have the chance to take some cute pictures of Cadence with BBQ messes on her face.

No comments:

Post a Comment