Well, Cadence is a big 18 month old as of today and Megan has hit that milestone of a half-year old (+1 day). I've been a mom of two for 6 months now. Wow!
Cadence had her 18 month check-up and immunizations today. James took her, since I had to do some final cleaning at the old apartment so we can turn in the keys soon. The doctor prescribed us a junior epi-pen since she does have a mild reaction to pears (usually just vomiting and then a diaper rash) and he wanted us to have it on hand for a worst case scenario. We also have a referral to an allergist so we can verify whether it's a true allergy or not. It's probably best to know since she's going to start being fed things when we're not around (nursery, for example).
Speaking of nursery, Cadence was supposed to start yesterday. Unfortunately, Megan was overloaded with being out and about pretty much all day Saturday and she had a rough morning. I seemed to have caught a mild head cold. Out of our family of four, Cadence was the only one in a good mood. So, she'll get her first day of nursery this upcoming Sunday.
Back to Cadence's doctor appointment, she's put on 1 pound and 1 1/2 inches since her last appointment three months ago. James told me the doctor was pretty impressed with our little girl all around, even if she did spend the whole appointment reaching for the door and saying "bye-bye?" over and over again, basically begging to leave. Poor girl. Even worse for our poor girl, we found out that because James works with so much metal, our girls will have to have blood draws to test for lead and other heavy metals at least annually for as long as he's at this job. Megan will get her first blood draw around 1 year (unless there's reason to suspect problems sooner). So, even after getting a shot in her leg, I had to take her to the lab and pin her down so they could draw blood as well.
She got ice cream as soon as she got home.
Megan at six months... she's just getting bigger and bigger. She has her appointment Thursday so we'll have new stats to share then. I expect they'll be another impressive jump in numbers. Though, she probably seems bigger to me than she actually is. She's crawling around, trying new foods every day (today she begged so sweetly I had to give her the tiniest bite of my chocolate ice cream and she loved it, kept asking for more in her cute little way until I put it away). She's slowly but surely getting the hang of sitting up on her own. She can kind of do it for a few seconds, but she gets distracted easily and will lean towards whatever has caught her attention and flop over. Still, she can do it.
And, my camera was found, so I suppose I'll be able to start posting pictures again soon. Including pictures of our new, bigger place (once I get it cleaned up, that is!) I've discovered that as rough as packing with two little kids was, unpacking is twice as inconvenient.
Yuck on the allergies and the blood draw, but awesome that they seem to have a good, proactive Dr!
ReplyDeleteWhere was the camera?
ReplyDeleteIt was in the car buried underneath all the crap that didn't get unpacked (like old blankets, newspapers, trash bags, and a few toys and the like)
ReplyDelete