Bright and early this morning, and naturally, I slept in. I had enough time to get a bit of breakfast in Cadence's belly, get both girls dressed and run out the door. Which meant when I finally had some breathing time while waiting for the doctor in the exam room, I caught sight of my reflection and actually winced at how unkempt I looked. Not even re-doing my ponytail could disguise the fact that I'd rushed out the door without a care as to how I looked.
Oh well, such is the life of a mother of 2, right?
Anyway, oddly enough, though it was Megan's appointment, it was Cadence that cried through the whole thing. I think she's officially traumatized, as far as doctor's go. Once we were in the back hallway and she recognized where we were at, she started screaming. She twisted so hard to get out of my arms that I almost dropped her when we first walked into the exam room. And she sat in the chair crying as we got Megan's measurements.
At this point, I was able to distract her by letting her scribble on the back of my 4-month checklist that they gave me. And she was just fine... until the doctor came in. And then she was screaming again. Luckily, the doctor took Megan off my hands and did the entire exam while I held Cadence. Thank goodness at least one daughter is easy-going! Megan talked to and smiled at the doctor the whole time. She thought the exam was fun.
Cadence continued to glare suspiciously at the doctor until he left and then.... the nurse came in carrying the needles and Cadence threw the biggest fit of all. Megan didn't know what was upsetting her big sister so much until her legs were pinned and it was too late to protest. Of course, she was happy and talking again almost as soon as I picked her up and kissed her cheeks. She's such a sweet, content little baby! I am so lucky, I swear. She was all smiles and grins and I got her re-dressed and buckled into her carseat and she happily went to sleep as we drove home.
Anyway... funny how Cadence takes over my post about Megan's check-up. But, Megan is growing well. She's definitely taller than her sister:
Last appointment:
Height- 24"
Weight- 10 lb 8 oz
Current:
Height- 26.25" (97th percentile)
Weight- 13 lb 4 oz (50th percentile, right on the 50%)
(For comparison's sake, Cady's 4 month stats were 25" and 13 lb 9oz. So again, Megan is longer and skinner)
The doctor had nothing but good things to say about Megan. No concerns that he could see. No heart murmurs, no breathing problems, good head control, good spirits. I think he spent more time making silly faces at her than actually examining her. What can I say? It's just too easy to fall in love with my little girls.
Well, at least the one not screaming, anyway. :-P
ReplyDelete