Pages

Sunday, March 21, 2010

A day at the park


We had ourselves a bit of a nervous moment recently. I was busy nursing and trying to sooth Megan and letting Cadence do her own thing. When I finally got Megan down for her third nap of the day (she has three naps a day, we finally had a schedule!), I came out to find Cadence holding an open, empty bottle of children's Motrin. Uh-oh! There was some spilled on her clothes, but not enough to explain the empty bottle. My first ever phone call to Poison Control was made and I was told she'd be okay and just keep an eye on her. On the plus side, if she was teething at all Friday night, neither of us noticed! :-)

Saturday morning, we drove up to Porterville to visit with some of James's family that we rarely get to see. I was eager for Cadence to get to play with her cousin Sydney, because they're so close in age. Unfortunately, Sydney wasn't feeling too well, so she didn't come. We did get to watch Cadence's cousin, Talon, play. But he's about six years old and could care less about playing with his toddler cousin. So Talon flirted with all the pretty girls at the park, Cadence enjoyed the open area to play, and Megan smiled and talked to every aunt, uncle, and grandma that wanted to hold her. We blew bubbles, ate sandwiches, chatted, played on the playground equipment, and had a pretty nice little afternoon at the park.

I must admit, I was a bit nervous driving home as our car accident in October was when we last drove home from Porterville. However, we arrived home safe and sound and I breathed a huge sigh of relief and celebrated with some pizza from Pizza Hut because I was too lazy to cook dinner. :-)

Today we drove out to Taft for some more family togetherness. Cadence got to try out her hand at sidewalk chalk and loved it. She's really gotten into scribbling recently. My books and walls have suffered from this new skill of hers, but so far we've kept the permanent markers out of reach. She had a great time being outside and scribbling. It combined two of her favorite things (at least two of her most recent favorite things. Favorites change rather quickly nowadays).

Anyway, tomorrow we get an extra day with James! It's making all of us pretty excited. With how busy his work is lately, it seems like the weekend just isn't long enough for us to absorb enough time with him to last us the whole week. Not sure what we're going to do to make the most of the day, but we'll have to do something fun! Which reminds me, I should charge my camera's battery so I can be sure to document the day.

On a completely unrelated note, while browsing the non-friend random blogs I like to keep an eye on, I found this amazing post. The author is usually pretty funny and takes very little seriously, but this post was great. I'm sure the finer points of our religion might butt heads, but there was so much good in this post, I could not help but agree with every single point being made. Manswers: Youth Pastor Advice

No comments:

Post a Comment