Pages

Friday, March 12, 2010

Fabulous Friday - March 12, 2010

Back again with Fabulous Friday. I completely forgot last week. I remembered around Saturday afternoon, though.

This Friday wasn't didn't have quite as much fabulous as last time. I don't even have pictures to share. However, I did have a fair bit of fun. First on the fabulous agenda was sleeping in until almost 8am this morning. As a mom of two under two, that is a pretty fabulous start!

All morning, the girls and I were out and about. First we went shopping for our fabulous dinner. James is on a mildly extreme diet recently (nothing unhealthy, just very strict). He has to get as close to a certain weight as possible by next weekend, so he's been on a very limited diet. I happened to find a recipe that would follow his diet and decided to give it a try. So we went shopping for a few ingredients that we were missing.

We also stopped by the LFR consignment sale. I was hoping to find an affordable crib to replace Megan's crib, but they had only one in stock by the time I got there. I assume they had more yesterday, but this is a 3 day sale only, and once it's sold, it's sold. I did, however, pick up four VHSs: Anastasia, Hunchback of Notre Dame, Prince of Egypt, and Mulan. I also got my hand son five Winnie the Pooh board books to add to Cadence's library. The grand total for my purchases? $16. I could have gotten it for 50% off if I'd waited until tomorrow, but there's never any guarantee that any of it would be there tomorrow.

For moms that read this in time: they are having a 50% off sale tomorrow. It starts at 10 in the Montgomery Ward shopping center on F street, near the DMV. If you have a few spare moments, go check it out. Tons of clothes, several baby carriers/wraps, toys, and other baby items. I might swing by tomorrow and see if any of the more expensive toys are still in stock and half-off (not everything is half off, only items that have the word "Reduce" on the price ticket, which the majority of them do).

The rest of our Fabulous Friday was spent at home. We had pizza for lunch, made dinner before James went to work. Then all of us sat down to watch Mulan, including James. So we had a bit of a family movie afternoon. Obviously Megan had no interest and Cadence's interest faded as the movie dragged on, but she did stop and listen to every song and then continue singing when the songs ended. Cadence and I also watched Anastasia with Megan, but she lost interest rather quickly, since it was too close to bedtime for her to have any attention span worth mentioning.

To top off my fabulous day, both girls went down without a fuss and were sleeping peacefully by 9pm. And to add to James's fabulous day, he's getting off of work early. He's still working past midnight, but he might actually get to go to bed before I'm getting up for the day this time around.

No comments:

Post a Comment