We had Cadence's 15 month checkup this morning. I always enjoy checkups because I get to get official stats on how big my girls are! In fact, we find out how big Megan is in only 2 weeks. Exciting stuff.
The appointment started out well enough. She wasn't thrilled with being pinned down to measure her height, but she thought sitting on the scale was pretty cool. And she was happy to wander around the exam room in a diaper and socks... until the doctor opened the door just as she crawled towards it and bonked her upside the head. From that point on, every time he went to touch her she threw a fit. It was an enjoyable experience.
Then, when the nurse came to give her the shot, she was freaking out before we'd even laid her on the exam table. The nurse had a hard time pinning her down. Just as she was about to give her the shot, she arched herself and the nurse had to quickly move the needle away or Cadence would puncture herself and in the wrong spot. So, I had to all but lay across her so the nurse could safely administer the vaccination.
Anyway, Cadence's stats:
Height: 31.5" (75th percentile)
Weight: 22 lbs - Actually 21lbs 15.9oz (25th percentile)
So, yup, she's still long and skinny. But I don't need stats to tell you that. We need 18 month jeans with the adjustable waist as small as possible to even fit the girl, and even then if she didn't have a diaper to hold the pants up they'd probably be falling off her waist. Anyway, I think she has one more shot at her 18 month check-up a few more at her 2 year check-up and then the worst is over until closer to preschool. I think that's how it goes.
In the meantime, mid-March we're taking Megan in for her big round of vaccines. She's getting so big! I'm eager to see just how much she's grown over the past 2 months. She's finally fitting 0-3 month clothes properly and I can even sneak in a few 3-6 month onesies and stretchy pants (the pants are a hit or miss since she's just as long and skinny as her big sister, if not more so).
No comments:
Post a Comment