Saturday morning, Cadence woke up with a fever. Her underarm temperature was 100.8. She was instantly doped up with Motrin and when she started feeling warm again ever 4-6 hours we'd give her another dose.
Since we were unsure what was wrong with her, we kept her home from Church on Sunday when she woke up with the same fever.
She was fine all day, and then, suddenly, she wasn't. She started screaming and fussing and was inconsolable. I couldn't touch her without her freaking out. If I pressed against her ear she jerked away and screamed. Her underarm temp was 101 and it was still going up when I just turned it off, gave her to James (with the Motrin) and went to call the nurses advice line. They said if she wasn't better within an hour of taking Motrin to bring her in.
Well, an hour later, the thermometer still crept up to 101 and kept going. So we dropped Megan off at her Nana's house and took Cadence across town to Kaiser's urgent care. It was a relatively quick visit. She had a water bottle as a toy for the entire visit and managed to spill a fair portion of it all over me at one point. We saw a nurse, first. Naturally, by this point, her fever had gone down so they recorded only a 98.7, which is still a full degree higher than her normal temperature.
In the end she was diagnosed with a sinus infection, due to the chronic runny nose she's had for several weeks that I've dismissed. So I guess I'll have to do better about keeping that runny nose kept clear. Cadence will hate it, but it'll be better than getting a second infection. For now, though, she's on antibiotics and Motrin.
No comments:
Post a Comment