Pages

Friday, July 10, 2009

Ultrasound

I didn't get the "money shot" to scan in and let you all sweat it. I was going to simply post a copy of said "money shot" and let everyone guess. However, the doctor simply told us in passing. Kinda a let down. No fanfare, drum roll, big smile. Just a matter of fact, "Wanna know the gender?" "Sure!" "Okay, ___"

Haha. Hate me yet?

Hmm, Parasite's growing on track. Estimated due date from measurements at December 13th, so only a day or two behind what was expected, and ultrasounds at this late of date tend to be off. So, Parasite's doing just fine. Weighed in at just under 8oz. Heart beating away at 151 bpm, so good, strong, steady heartbeat. Two legs, two arms, all internal organs doing well. Brain developing properly. No abnormalities. Really, that's what this ultrasound was intended for was to measure things and make sure all developed properly. I wasn't worried, but, well, we do have a few family members with some developmental problems, so now I don't even have to worry about the slight chance that those'd be passed on. Nothing serious, but...

Oh yes, the whole reason I was anxious and eager for this ultrasound. I could've cared less that both right and left kidney are the right size and functioning. Well, I do care.

Are you guys sick of my rambling yet?

Sad story: When James and I got home, Cadence had busted her lip open again and now her entire lip is swollen way bad. Poor girl. Luckily, I had the tylenol in my purse, so we gave her that. Hopefully it'll help the swelling go down and she should be fine tomorrow. Ooh, we're going camping tomorrow night too. Should have some cute picture of Cadence eating dirt or a bug when we get back. We're making smores. I wonder how she'd react to that?

Okay, okay...

Parasite is... a girl

Did you highlight it to see? Haha...

3 comments:

  1. I KNEW IT!!!! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why doesn't it show my comment? :( I was the first!

    I said something like, "Jerk! Making me wait and read all that other crap! And I KNEW IT! Congrats!!"

    ReplyDelete