Pages

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Standing and Stuff

So Cadence surprised both James and I two days ago. I was using my fingers to help her stand, when, for whatever reason, she let go. I think we both realized it at about the same time. She looked as startled as I was that she was standing without holding on to anything. I had just enough time to get James's attention so he could see before she waved her arms excitedly and toppled forward (right in to me, so no harm there!)

Then, when I was telling James's family about her latest trick, though she hadn't repeated it yet, I impulsively wiggled my fingers free from her grasp. She got a very grumpy look on her face when she realized I'd let go, but still stood long enough for James's grandma and sister to see and respond with the appropriate delight.

She hasn't done it since. She's too determined to be moving to bother standing still long enough to find her balance. Butthead. And since both times weren't on purpose in any way shape or form, we're not saying she knows how to stand yet. But... she's almost there, if she'd hold still long enough. Haha.

A few days ago I got her bedroom rearranged. We're still seriously looking into moving after November, but until then, I moved things around so that the dresser AND fan were closer to Cadence's bed so that the fan can actually do it's job and cool HER off, rather than the opposite end of the room. We also hung curtains, though our lease expressly forbids them (it also forbids barbecues, but the assistant manager has one sitting on her porch). Her room has stayed relatively cool since, thank goodness. Now I don't feel bad putting her down for her afternoon nap. Also, if we do end up staying here, the space is already prepared to add a toddler bed or second crib when the times comes (until then, it's filled with the bassinet, which is filled with stuffed animals).

And, happily, I've reached my favorite stage of pregnancy: I can feel movement pretty regularly. Today, Megan squirmed through the entire first half of the Relief Society lesson, which was awkward, because it was the very low, almost ticklish squirms, which in turn had me squirming each time I felt it. It's still pretty cool, though. According to articles, she's about 10 inches long already, probably about half her birth length! Kinda crazy to think there's 10 inches of baby squirming around in there. Of course, it was kinda crazy to see Cadence for the first time and realized she'd been in there, too...

No comments:

Post a Comment