Well, with breastfeeding no longer pumping up her immune system, Cadence has finally gotten her first virus. She picked up a cold from her aunt, and in turn gave it to me. Bleh.
We're surviving, somehow. Cadence is pretty much kept doped up on regular doses of Tylenol to keep the fever and resulting headache at bay, and to keep the inflammation down in her throat. She's getting lots of popsicles to soothe her poor throat, and she's unfortunately banned from most finger foods that she's so fond of, though she doesn't know why I refuse to give her the saltines.
I'm in total survival mode right now. She's not sleeping well at night, which means I've had a grand total of 6 hours of sleep over the past two nights, and no more than 2 of those were consecutive. I'm unsure if my headache is fever related or from the lack of sleep. Either way, I finally broke down and took some Tylenol myself.
Cadence is napping today and doing relatively well so far. She got two hours this morning, during which I also crashed. And fought the 2nd nap, but eventually was too tired to fight anymore. My sister's already over the worst of her cold, so there is an end in sight. We have at most another day or two of this.
My mommy's great, by the way. When it took me two hours to get a very tired, very sore, very fussy Cadence to finally cry enough to be too exhausted to fight sleep anymore, my mommy came over as soon as she could once I called her up in tears. By the time she got here, I'd finally won the battle with Cadence, but she did bring me comfort food (egg rolls and mozzarella sticks from Jack in the Box). There's nothing like comfort food to help you relax after a tough day. I'd managed to get dishes done and the living room cleaned up before she got here, so I was able to sit and chat with her and stuff my face with unhealthy food and unwind before climbing into bed (or at least trying to... Cadence woke up and it was another 3 hours before I was finally able to fall asleep). Mommy's are so great.
She is a great mommy - and so are you! Here's to hoping you recover quick!!! (And can I get a hallelujah for popsicles?)
ReplyDelete