Pages

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Why mommies are the bestest!!!

My mommy is officially the best mommy in the world. Seriously, if I want to compete for that title, I have to step up (sorry, other mommies, you just can't compete with my mommy!)

As promised for the past week, my mom came over armed with PineSol, scrub pads, pizza, and soda. It took 3 hours of solid work, but my kitchen is so spotless I'm afraid to cook in it! The counters are literally sparkling (yay glossy finish!). The floor is spotless. The oven is clean. Heck, she even pulled out my oven and fridge and swept behind and underneath them (she also unearthed four slices of cheese... luckily they were individually wrapped). All my dishes are done. The microwave's spotless. The stove-top is clean.

I mean, I helped, but juggling a fussy, teething, clingy Cadence limited my help to clearing off counters, doing dishwasher dishes, and scrubbing out the microwave. I did manage to get my bathtub clean and sparkling again, while my mom distracted Cadence before her bathtime. And I got the trash taken out, and the bathroom floor swept, under the sink cleaned and organized, the sink top cleared off (not washed, but clean enough for now). Tomorrow, I may even be motivated enough by my sparkly tub and kitchen to get on my hands and knees and clean that toilet top to bottom and get it to match the rest of the place during Cady's nap.

My front room was also picked up, a cluttered bookshelf cleared, the entire floor vaccuumed, and everything put in its place. The computer desk is cleared off. I felt motivated enough to really clean Cadence's highchair (as in more than just wipe it down real fast). My pantry is organized.

Even the bedrooms are clean, though that was done earlier. I was just so motivated thinking my mom would be coming over to help clean up teh front rooms for me, I had enough energy to focus my attention on the two bedrooms instead and get them looking pretty tidy (far from perfect, but you can see the floor in my bedroom!)

I've always felt I've done well at keeping the apartment presentable, but having several areas deep cleaned all at once, tasks I simply don't have time to do every day, or even every other day... Freaking amazing feeling. I'm sitting at my computer desk looking around and grinning. It's so pretty! My mommy's the bestest!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment