Pages

Thursday, July 9, 2009

We survived

Well, thank goodness! It looks like Cadence and I have survived her first cold. It was touch and go for awhile, but after only two sleepless nights and one semi-sleepless night, Cadence slept her full ten hours (uninterrupted again) and woke up with just the slightest bit of a stuffy nose. She hasn't coughed all morning and eagerly sucked down her full morning bottle (which did have a final dose of medicine hidden in it). I'm also feeling a bit better. A mild raw feeling to my throat, but I can swallow without wincing again.

Phew!

Still need to keep an eye on things. We thought we'd caught this cold from my youngest sister, but she was diagnosed with strep the other day. Made me nervous, but much of my research suggests that we didn't catch that after all, since both Cadence and I had other cold symptoms as well. Plus, we're outside the "normal" age range for kids that catch that (apparently, Cadence should still have an immunity she picked up from me before she was born and while breastfeeding). If she has a sudden surge in symptoms, though... that girl is getting dragged back to the doctor's office.

On a completely unrelated note: Parasite's awake right now, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment