Happy fourth of July! :-) We kept Cadence up a little (okay, a lot) later than usual so she could see the fireworks that her uncle and Papa set off. When she was less sleepy and it wasn't so dark, she was fascinated by the little teasers they were playing with. However, when they pulled out the bigger, namely the louder, ones and she was now an hour past bedtime, she was not too happy. When they started popping loudly she started crying. So we covered her ears and she would stare in a sleepy, fascinated sort of way. By the end, she was spending half the time laying against my shoulder wanting to sleep, but something kept her awake. I think it was that it was dark, and to her that's "bedtime", but she wasn't in her crib, so it wasn't time to fall asleep yet. Poor confused little girl.
But... James and I had our first little scare today. We were sitting in our living room and James suddenly says: "Uhh... Sarah?" I turned from the computer and Cadence is spitting out blood and screaming. Okay, I freaked, lol. I grabbed wipes and tried to find the source of the problem. James explained he's simply set her down and she started crying. I'm having nightmare scenarios running through my head of her swallowing something when we didn't notice and the change in position causing it to cause damage. We decide to go to the E.R. I had to call my mom and ask for the $50 co-pay because we didn't have it (which had me near tears as well. I felt so helpless when I realized we couldn't pay for her medical care at such an important time. In the future, I'll remember we do have money in savings... it just totally slipped my mind, for obvious reasons).
As we were driving, James explained in more detail what had happened. He'd set her down and she'd reached for him, jerked around and then began screaming. With new details in hand, I bent over her to examine her mouth. By this point, she was cooing and smiling like nothing was wrong, though blood was drying around her lips. I pinpointed the problem. Her new bottom teeth had somehow cut through the bit of skin that went from her upper lip to her gums. I swear to you, I was so relieved to find the problem, or to realize it was basically nothing. She'll have a tender lip and gums for a few days, but popsicles and tylenol should keep the worst of it down. We called my mom and told her the E.R. trip was no longer necessary, which she was relieved to hear.
I admit, I freaked out, lol. James managed to keep pretty cool and calm, so thank goodness he was around when it happened! If I'd been home alone with no car, I probably would have fallen apart.
On the not so positive side, it seems Cady's yeast infection is complete. I suspect she might have oral thrush now, which is funny, because normally the thrush comes before the diaper rash. But, it's one of those things that will go away if I follow certain habits that I'd gotten a little lax on.
What a crazy day...
Oh, and on one final side note: Doctor appointment, ultrasound, and possible gender determination this upcoming Monday morning. Exciting!
I would have freaked out too...glad she's okay though!
ReplyDeleteI feel your pain sister- I imagine you to be the type when something happens to anyone else, you're cool and collected but when something happens to your baby, you're gonna freak just about every time. Glad to know I'm not the only one. Extra glad Cadence is okay!
ReplyDelete