Unfortunately, despite charging my camera battery only a few days ago, my camera did not last through the rest of the week, so I am depending on my sister's pictures for any photo documentation of the last half of her visit.
We kept Wednesday night quiet at home for the two girls who were quickly getting fussy from having such a hectic schedule. However, Robyn and Veronica (my cousin) did come over for a girls night movie: "Dear John".
Chad graduated Thursday night. Due to Highland's tickets policy, I ended up not going. I had the opportunity, but passed my ticket on to my aunt (who'd come in from out of town) and chose to focus on Cadence's bedtime instead. Cadence has been having a rough time at bedtime recently, so I think it was the right decision. Besides, I get to go to Chad's seminary graduation this weekend, so I didn't miss out on much at all. :-)
Friday night, once half of visiting family had already left, we had a barbecue at Jastro Park. We invited some friends to join us as well, so it was a ton of fun. Cadence and Lynne loved the spray park there. Cadence wasn't too sure at first, but once I started running through the water features with her, she let loose and had a blast. Lynne took no coaxing and was running through the water as soon as she got there. Just that half an hour or so of running around with them made the whole evening a blast. But getting to eat good food, sit on a blanket, and talk with others made it even better.
Friday night I was having some stomach issues and had to throw up bright and early Saturday morning. I assumed it was something I ate since I had just had McDonalds for lunch the day before and after I threw up the worst was over and I was able to eat. But around lunchtime, just as I was settling down to feed Megan her second feeding of the day, she threw up everything I'd fed her earlier that morning! A second attempt brought about the same results, so we switched to shorter feeding periods and Pedialyte from a sippy cup. She still ended up throwing up again when I tried feeding her too much in too short of a period right before bedtime.
However, it's now the next day. She's sleepy, probably due to the lack of calories yesterday despite my best attempts. And she woke up with a lowgrade fever. But so far she's kept everything I've fed her down for the past hour or so and went down for another much-needed nap. I'm hoping we're already on the downside of this. Still, even with a rumbling, empty tummy and an achy fever, Megan is still smiling and cooing and being as sweet as ever. You'd never know she was sick except for the throwing up.
So far, it's only the two of us that have been hit by this. Cadence, so far, appears to be virus free. James has no symptoms. I'm really hoping it hasn't hit my sister's family, either. They've got a car trip to finish today. And we definitely don't want my sweet, brand-new nephew getting sick!
No comments:
Post a Comment