Cadence loves fruit cups. It's so convenient to open up a fruit cup and give it to her as a side to her lunch of chicken nuggets, or hot dogs, or whatever else I whip up. Today, as I stacked our fruit cup collection in the pantry, I complained to James that vegetables were not so conveniently stored and I feared Cadence's vegetable intake was woefully inadequate. We have canned, but the idea of opening up a whole can just to spoon out a small serving and then try to remember to put the leftovers into a container and into the fridge while trying to make dinner and feed Megan. And then to remember that I have an already opened container of vegetables to grab... Like I said, the fruit cups are simply far more convenient.
That's when the genius struck:

I could take these little 4oz Gladware containers and fill them with pre-cooked (okay, I'm lazy so I'll admit: canned) vegetables. Then, I have handy, nicely portioned servings of vegetables to plop next to the plate of chicken nuggets or her sandwich, as well as fruit options. Then it occurred to me, I could just buy twice as many containers and start buying canned fruit and sort that as well, which is about half the price of buying it in the fruit cups. And for you Target shoppers, Target does have their generic version of these tiny containers, so you can even save money on those as well!
See? Aren't I smart? Feel free to spread my genius, just make sure you give me credit. ;-)
A true genius, indeed!
ReplyDelete