Megan has gotten a real taste for food lately. She'll eat just about anything you put in front of her and make a huge mess doing it. For lunch, she gets purees mixed with iron-fortified oatmeal. It's my way of making sure she's getting something beneficial, because dinner rarely is (at least for her needs). For dinner, she gets either a big of what we are eating, or I'll find some crackers/finger foods for her to practice with. Last night, she enjoyed some rice with chicken gravy. The other day she got a big serving of baked beans, most of which ended up on her instead of in her. And she also got to pick at some taco meat and cheese when we had tacos. She loves the corn chowder I make, but didn't get as much as she'd like since I cut her off after a few bites of the milk-based treat and gave her crackers instead.
She's been given a sippy cup and enjoys it, but hasn't quite mastered it. It doesn't help that her sister will steal it and finish it off before she can get more than a few sips. We started it when she had the stomach flu and needed to get fluids in her (that weren't mommy milk), but I've tried to continue to offer her one before bedtime every night so she can practice.
Megan has also gotten a taste of things that I have not purposely given her. I gave them to Cadence, Cadence chose to share, and I decided it was safe enough I wasn't going to stress. Due to this lazy parenting strategy, Megan has gotten to also try (in small amounts): every brand of cereal we've had recently, cheese puffs, Nacho Cheese Doritos, french fries, graham crackers, cookies...
Anyway, before I leave, a few videos to share:
No comments:
Post a Comment