Both my girls are still feeling pretty under the weather. It's still a stomach bug, but now it's coming out the other end, which is miserable, especially for Cadence. Megan doesn't get enough solid food for it to be too bad. But Cadence has a nasty diaper rash that makes even sitting painful for her. She cries for about ten minutes after each diaper change, probably from continual stinging. I feel so bad for her, even though I know the frequent diaper changes are the best thing right now.
I'm unsure what to do about Church this week. We missed last weekend because of Megan's throwing up. We didn't want Cadence to be a symptom-free carrier and get the rest of nursery sick. And if this is another bug, we definitely don't want to be passing this one on either. It turns out, having a kid in nursery is harder than not, some days. Maybe we can at least go to to Sacrament...
Anyway, it's been a pretty quiet week. James is sick. The girls are sick and Megan is SOOOO close to having her first tooth finally cut through. I've been playing nurse all week, unable to do anything without having to hold at least one daughter, and my apartment's a mess because of it. A visit from my mother-in-law had us briefly discussing priorities, and I've decided... I'm okay with my apartment being an embarrassing mess, because at this moment, cleaning my apartment would mean not taking care of my two girls the way they need to be cared for right now. Still, I need to get some cleaning done tonight, even if I won't have time to get it done completely.
People who have really clean homes and babies, ignore their babies. Seriously. Hopefully all the cooties go away soon... no fun to have a bunch of sickies.
ReplyDelete