I desperately need to find my battery charger so I can get my camera up and running again. I haven't taken pictures of Cadence for almost a month now (not that she's changed drastically in the past month). I also want to take a video of her walking before she gets too proficient at it. She's got the walking thing down pretty solid and walks more than crawls lately. She's also attempted running already, which is pretty funny since she can run about 6 or 7 steps before falling forward. She's learned to only run if she's got something soft she's running towards (like moving from the couch to the chair or something). She's also learned how to get herself off of the couch or our bed by swinging her legs down first. Smart girl. It only took me allowing her to slide off the bed a dozen or so times (into a laundry pile or a blanket) to figure it out.
Of course, instead of searching high and low for my charger, I'm here... blogging... because I am a blog addict. In my defense, I spent a fair bit of time searching for it already. Cadence misplaced it, though, which means it could be just about anywhere. The one place it isn't is anywhere near the computer desk, where I normally keep it.
I thought of pictures because Cadence has two scratches across the back of her head. I can't say she didn't deserve them, and Taz only got yelled at to stop her, not for actually doing it. She ran off and once Cadence was playing happily, we went to pet Taz a bit. Despite Cadence's young age, Taz was more than justified. Cadence's new favorite thing is to grab a handful of Taz's fur and skin and drag her. Taz puts up with quite a bit and just meows for help, so James and I try to correct Cadence's behavior and get her to "be soft" (which currently involves patting the cat rather than dragging her around). But I guess after a week of putting up with it, Taz decided to teach Cadence the lesson James and I were failing at getting across. I don't know if it worked long term, but I will say, Cadence got scratched last night and hasn't once tried to drag Taz around this morning.
Despite their disagreement last night, however, Taz and Cadence have kissed and made up and are as affectionate as ever. I really need to get more pictures of them together. I wonder if a year from now Cadence will be sleeping at the foot of Cadence's bed, rather than mine as she's done for the past 6 years?
No comments:
Post a Comment