Pages

Thursday, October 1, 2009

30 week Drs appointment

Had our most recent appointment for Megan this morning. I fear I've given up on ever receiving an ultrasound from this doctor. It does make me wonder whether I'd know if Megan was a boy or a girl or even had all her fingers and toes and working kidneys if I hadn't requested the anatomy scan at 20 weeks. I like to imagine he would have made a point of doing an ultrasound at the 28 week appointment if I hadn't gotten the anatomy scan. But, I think he won't be getting any recommendations from me any time soon if anyone asks me for a good OB in town.

Anyway, Megan's doing well. At least, she has a good steady heartbeat and that's always a good sign, right? The doctor had me a little worried at first because he frowned for a few seconds and held the doppler over the heartbeat longer than I'm used to, but then he smiled and told me all was well. I thinking he was just unable to get a number on his doppler to record fetal heart rate or something.

Cadence went with me today, so James could run an errand with the car, and did surprisingly well. She charmed everyone in the waiting room and even did well when I wasn't holding her during my exam and when I was being weighed. The doctor said she even sat quietly and looked at us when Megan's heartbeat was audible.

Got some blood test results back. I don't have any issues with gestational diabetes, but I have finally crossed the line to being anemic. I've been borderline for years, but never actually in that official range. Until now. No big deal, apparently I'm only barely in the range of what's considered anemic. My doctor didn't seem too concerned and said if I did better about taking my vitamins (I never seem to remember...) it should keep the worst of the problem at bay and put me back over that line. But, the mild anemia would explain the headaches, dizziness, and sore muscles I was prepared to complain about.

By the way, as greatful as I am to be pregnant and have Megan on her way, I'm so beyond ready to not be pregnant for awhile, lol. I think I want to enjoy having my body to myself and just focus on the two I'll have on the outside for a few years. On the bright side, Megan should be here in 10 weeks (only 8 weeks if she comes as early as Cadence did). We're down to the wire here! Who's with me and can't wait to meet her?

4 comments:

  1. I'm with ya...can't wait to meet her! By the way, I saw Dr. Owens today- LOVE him! Thanks for the recommendation. It turns out he's Carrin's Dr. too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was barely anemic when I was pregnant with Lynne. I added an iron supplement for those days I actually remembered to take my vitamins (which reminds me... mine are still in the suitcase. oops). Don't know if you want to do that without talking to your doctor, but...

    Anyway, I'm sad I won't get to meet Megan until the end of January (we're still doing the girl's weekend in Vegas, right?).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was anemic with both of mine but I think its pretty normal, it just mad me more tired I think. Okay I have to admit that I didnt even notice you were pregnant until last week. I guess I just never looked at your belly. How sweet to be pregnant again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I keep my vitamins/pills next to my bed and take them just before I go to bed. It's easier that way because if I forget, I don't have to get up to take them! (I usually bring a glass of water for that purpose and I'm usually thirsty just before bed.) Glad everything is going well with the pregnancy! The pictures of Cadence are SO cute! She's such a doll & I'm sure the new baby will be just as cute!

    ReplyDelete