Pages

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Accident

Let me begin by apologizing! I posted a picture on Facebook, intending to write a nice long blog post once Cadence went down for bed, but ended up being away from a computer until just now.

Last night, the three of us were in a pretty dramatic-looking car accident. Not giving out a ton of details, since I was asleep and only woke up really once it was all over (was awake but not fully aware of what was going on). First and foremost, we are all fine. A little sore, a little bruised, a little shaken up, but fine. Cadence's worst seems to be a bit lip and apparently she has a little shiner coming in (or so I'm told). James is fine, the guy could probably be thrown off a cliff and only complain about his bum ankle acting up as he walks away and brushes the dirt off his pants. It seems I'm the worst for wear and that's only because I bruise easily. Nasty bruise from the seat belt across my shoulder that'll probably have me wincing when I raise my arm for the next few days.

I did end up going into the hospital last night. We'd felt Megan moving, but for everyone's peace of mind we went to get a full check-up done. She is 100% a-okay. We even got an extra ultrasound, where she was measuring a week and a half ahead of her due date and a whopping 5lbs 9oz already! One pound more and she'll be ask big as Cadence was when she was born (assuming the ultrasound was accurate, but with a 2 pound margin of error... who knows? Maybe she'll just have a big head and long legs!) It's a good thing we did go in. Around 9pm, there were some pretty regular contractions, 2-4 minutes apart, but they stopped them and kept me overnight just to be sure all was well.

The accident itself looks pretty dramatic, and a few prayers (maybe more than a few?) have been sent up in thanks to Heavenly Father for watching out for our little family. Now we're just waiting to hear back about the car! But that drama can wait until after a nice hot shower to work a few kinks out of my neck. Darn hospital beds...

1 comment: