Pages

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Soccer Day

For a brief moment, I was considering putting the girls into a summer soccer class. It's not a league with games, just an indoor gym that does soccer drills once a week and does an "open gym" later in the week. Before I paid for the class, I was able to take the girls to a trial class. They loved it and I loved it and I'm really bummed they're not going to be able to do it, but the money that would have gone toward the class went toward replacing our computer, replacing my phone and repairing the Xbox (all of which went out on us within 2 weeks of each other).

However, the girls did have fun and I did get a couple pictures. They weren't the best at following the coach's instructions. Megan was the youngest/smallest, but they did have fun. They are iffy in new situations, so there was the promise of m&ms to motivate them to stick it out for the entire hour, but when they were on the gym floor they had a blast. The only time they wanted to leave was in the chaos of switching between free play and structured play (they cleaned up, so the girls assumed it was done) and when Cadence got scared by someone coming up behind her and tickling her.

Free play, the girls immediately went for the taller hoop and determinedly lobbed soccer balls, bouncy balls and basketballs toward the net and missed. Thankfully, one of the coaches noticed and brought out the more appropriately sized hoop for them to play with.



Once the structured play started, the girls had a hard time grasping the concept of dribbling (the day's special skill), but by the end of the class they actually were doing pretty well. Megan walked at a snail's pace and barely kicked her ball to maintain control:

In this game they had to dribble their ball around until the music stopped then quickly dribble their soccer ball to the nearest hula hoop. Clearly Cadence understood the rules (she wasn't the only one that picked up her soccer ball and ran, though):

1 comment:

  1. They are getting SOOOOO big. I miss them (and you, of course).

    ReplyDelete