As we drove to church, the girls chatted in the back of the car about things 3 & 4 year olds find interesting. I had not heard much from Connor, who has become quite the chatterbox lately, in awhile, so I asked Cadence if her brother was asleep.
Recently, Cadence often tells us "Connor passed out" or "Connor is passed out". This morning her response to my question was: "No, he's passed in". As I chuckled, Cadence sagely explained to me: "Because he's not passed out, so he's passed in."
*
While pacing the halls during the third hour of church with a restless Connor this morning, I took advantage of the peek-through windows to peek in on the girls and their primary classes, pleased to see them sitting and listening well. Megan's primary lesson was about families. Her teacher went to each student and had them describe their family and drew a picture on the chalkboard of stick figures representing the members of the family.
When it came to Megan's turn, I happened to be peeking through. "Mommy" was the first figure drawn, then "Daddy". Up until this point, the teacher had been denoting gender with long hair for girls and spiky hair for boys. When her teacher put hair on James's stick figure head, Megan quickly corrected her. I do not know exactly what was said, but I did see her teacher start to laugh, erase the top half of the hair-covered head and replace it with a hairless one.
Undoubtedly, Megan informed her teacher of what is a known fact in our household: Daddy doesn't have any hair!
*
While not a church funny, I shall share it anyway (hope I haven't already!):
I bought the girls a used Tag Reading System, which is a pen that reads books (specially bought for the system, obviously) out loud. As the girls explored their new books, they also showed off the book they held to their sister. Megan held hers up with the back cover showing. Cadence wanted to see the front cover, however she did not know the correct word. So, using impeccable logic, she instructed Megan to show her the "belly" of the book.
Made sense to me!
Very cute, one of the reason kids are so wonderful. You just never know what is going to be said next. Luv ya.
ReplyDelete