Pages

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Other Updates

The reason for my blogging silence hasn't really been the lack of time, but more the lack of anything really exciting to blog about. However, Connor is 2 1/2 months old and I should really talk about how our day to day has changed! He's as calm as his sisters were at his age, which makes me nervous about his hooligan potential. They were sweet little babies, too, before turning into adorable little terrors.

Anyway, last week, we went to a wedding of someone James is friends with at church. They had a ring ceremony before the reception that James wanted to attend but I wasn't about to bring my 3 hooligans into someone's ceremony. I didn't trust them to behave. So, we locked ourselves in the church's nursery while James attended the ceremony then came to fetch us to go to the reception. Connor spent the entire time eating his hands (one of his favorite pastimes) and the girls went crazy and made funny faces.



James is seriously Connor's favorite person ever. Every night when James comes home, they usually have a long moment of talking back and forth. Connor just grins when he sees his daddy talking to him and immediately starts talking back. I had to stop in my tracks one day when Connor mimicked James's "how" almost perfectly. Seriously, the kid can't stop smiling when he's face to face with him. James recently shaved and went to talk to him. Connor kept looking around for the "right face" when he heard James's voice. Eventually he accepted this new person and has been content ever since.

This probably makes me a terrible mom. But after recording video of him talking (or trying to get video of it, mostly he just wiggled and looked up at me), he got fussy. I had the camera in hand. Thus the inevitable:

Even at such a young age, Connor is determined to use his legs. He can support his own weight for a full minute already. I'd been on the lookout for the basic used jumperoo for awhile, so when I found one not too far from our house for a great price, I jumped on it. Once we brought it home and I wiped it down, I put him in it to see how he fared, fully expecting him to hate it/be too small and to put the jumperoo away for a few more weeks. To my surprise and delight, he loved it and fit. He's only been allowed small spurts, but he's all smiles every time.

Last but not least, the girls are loving their baby brother. Megan tries so hard to be the best big sister, but she's still learning how to be gentle and what the boundaries are. Cadence is amazing with him and ranks #2 on his "favorite person" list. Just the other day, he was fussing and I needed just a few more minutes to finish a task, so she held him and sang "I Am a Child of God" and he calmed right down for her. Megan is learning how to be a good sister by watching and mimicking her. Eventually, Megan and Connor will meet in the middle. She'll be gentler and he'll be sturdier and they'll get along just fine in the end:

No comments:

Post a Comment