I'm 27, as of yesterday. I'm writing that down, because lately I've had to stop and think about it to answer the question. I usually figured it out by process of elimination. "Hmm, no, 28 doesn't sound right and 26... pretty sure I already celebrated that one. Therefore, I must be 27."
Nothing fancy for yesterday. James went to work and, though I was up at the crack of dawn with James, I wasn't keen on waking the girls up that early to take the car so we could get out of the house. The original plan was to drop them off at daycare and get myself a mani-pedi, but my nails tore recently enough that I want them to grow out a bit more first. So, maybe next week.
My other present was a new mixer. A fancy, schmancy Kitchenaid mixer. Even better, I got it for a steal using online coupons, online deals and credit card points. Already used it three times in the past five days and loving how easy it makes my baking!
Today was more or less my "celebration". James tricked me into thinking work had gone crazy and he'd be pulling an extra long shift today (as in might be working until midnight). Then surprised me with the news he was only going paintballing for a few hours in the morning and he'd be home for the rest of the day. Stinker. I was grinning as I punched him a few times (and a few more times since). It was a nice surprise.
We went to Sweet Tomato (Soup Plantation) for a tasty meal. Light enough my poor sensitive tummy could handle it and always a welcome treat (salad, soup and breadsticks. What better meal?!) The girls LOVED it, as usual. I overate, as I usually do, and the girls gorged themselves on ice cream once they'd finished their plates of salad. We did have to drag Cadence out of the restaurant since she wanted more ice cream. We were surrounded by parents with sympathetic smiles as James carried her, screaming, outside. I love that bond between strangers with kids when one kid begins causing a scene.
Dinner was supposed to be French Dip (yummy!), but the roast wasn't thawed in time, so instead we had Navajo Tacos and French Dip will be dinner tomorrow night. Two nights of tasty food? Don't mind if we do! Also enjoyed my regular cheesecake, though I'll complain briefly about how it didn't turn out (again). My usual curse of making a new recipe perfectly the first time and never able to do so again. *sigh* Maybe I should stick with the no-bake stuff.
All in all, an enjoyable day and a promising start to the weekend. Church tomorrow, including practice for the primary program next week (here's hoping Cadence decides to participate this time!).




No comments:
Post a Comment