Pages

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Cadence's first Primary Program

Well, as I more or less expected, Cadence did not cooperate during the primary program. She knew all the songs by heart, knew her part, and would happily agree to doing her part during the program in exchange for a My Little Pony doll, but when it came time... no luck.

The first practice was definitely a good warning. As soon as she realized I was going to be in the same room, she clung to my side, which more or less required shuffling on the primary presidency's part in their seating arrangement. She refused to sing, let alone stand for the songs, and getting her to the microphone to do her part was a bust.

The second practice, I had James drop her off and snuck around. She did beautifully. Even went up and did her part without a fuss.

Unfortunately, I was 100% sure she would NOT go to the stand on the actual day without me. She would be sitting next to me for the 20 minutes before it started and getting her to leave my side for such an unusual even would have been next to impossible. So I attended the third and final practice and had about as much luck as in the first one.

In the end, the actual performance went about the same. Even offering to go up to the microphone with her ended with a tantrum.

Next year, James and I are prepared. He'll take the girls to church separately and I'll follow so they never even know I'm in the building until it's too late. The girls aren't half as clingy around James. I just hope Cadence will willingly go in front of the crowd. She'll also be a year older, so until the time comes, I'll remain optimistic. :-)

In the meantime, there's a Princess Cadence "My Little Pony" doll sitting in my closet. She would be in Cadence's toy box, but... Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment