Pages

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

FHE: Cookies and Coloring

Sunday night, James suggested coloring a big picture for Family Home Evening this week. So, right after dinner, I ran out to the corner store and bought a big roll of craft paper and some store brand thin mints. We taped the paper to the table, grabbed every coloring utensil we own, and let the girls go nuts. So much fun. It entertained the girls for the better part of an hour, especially with James and I sitting right there with them coloring as well.
Megan cracked us up. I opened one of the rolls of thin mints and dumped them on the table and both girls immediately began collecting a pile. Megan determinedly picked up 9 cookies, stacking them and reminding me of Gus from Disney's Cinderella with how she attempted to hold the stack with a single hand and found her hand just a tad too small but still stubbornly trying to find a way.
Despite the bored look on Megan's face, she was as into the activity as Cadence. Notice how she took a bite out of each cookie and lined them up?
The paper is still on the table, too. So guess what the girls started doing once they finished breakfast? :-)

On another thought, been seriously tempted by this offer for the past few days...

2 comments:

  1. Are you having baby yearnings? I look at/want/get puppies when I have baby yearnings. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LoL, when am I not? :-P Still want a puppy, though...

    ReplyDelete